Among the gifts of nature, there is none more beautifulthan a newborn baby. This little bundle of joy needs constantcare, love and nourishment - and to provide these, natural ways are the best ways.
'Kaumarbhratya', one of the eight branches of Ayurveda, is especially dedicated to ensure good health in children. Since centuries, Ayurvedic preparations have been used for children in order to nurture a healthy body and sharpen intellect, from infancy until adulthood.
Ayurveda emphasizes on using certain tonics and medications that can develop immunity power and intelligence in children, as well as protect them from different diseases.
• Lal tail nourishes the skin and is readily absorbed by the body. It also helps prevent many skin infections, nappy rashes and itching. A daily gentle massage with this oil helps in proper bone formation, muscular agility, blood circulation and relaxing the baby for having a sound sleep pattern that ultimately builds a better immune system.
• Gripe water contains Sarjikakshara and Mishreya tail, and serves as an effective carminative.
• Badam oil, obtained from ripe kernels of Prunus Amygdalus is 100% pure, and provides nourishment to dry skin, and prevents allergies. It can be consumed or applied on the body.
• Janam Ghunti contains Anjeer which is not only good for the infant's liver but also for digestion. It also acts as a cooling agent for the stomach and has high nutritive value.
• Draksha/Kishmish contains essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron in an easily absorbable form. It is an expectorant, laxative, and blood purifier; and is useful in fevers and colds that arise due to a thrush infection in children.
• Ajwain prevents flatulence, indigestion, colic dyspepsia and diarrhoea.
• Palas Beej and Bidang are known to expel intestinal worms.
• Vach prevents flatulence and loss of appetite. It is useful in dyspepsia and choleric diarrhoea.
• Amaltas acts as a laxative, especially for habitual constipation.
• Sanai is a mild laxative, and also contains Saunf, Unnab and Gulab Jal.
• Aravindasava is a general tonic that helps promote growth, and prevent digestive disorders in children. It contains Kumuda, Ushira Mool, Gambhari Tvak, Neelotpala, Manjishth, Ela, Bala, Jatamansi, Mustaka, etc.
Disclaimer:"The scientific/technical content of this publication has been developed and designed by LinHealth, a division of Lintas India Pvt. Ltd. for educational purpose only through monetary assistance from Dabur India Ltd. The content herein has been developed by clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. LinHealth has obtained consent from the respective authors and content generators for publishing the material appearing in this publication, as necessary. The expert comments expressed in this publication are solely the views of the authors giving such expert comments or authors whose comments are cited as source of material in this publication. Dabur India Ltd neither agrees nor disagrees with the views expressed in this publication and does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation. Dabur India Ltd and the publisher acknowledge all copyrights and/or trademarks of third party contained or appearing in this publication. As the information contained herein is for educational purpose only we request you to please refer to the full prescribing information for complete details of any products and consult Registered Medical Practioners or Doctors before taking any decision on usage of the said products".
To know more about these click Ayurvedic Products for Baby Care
Natural products that will help you give better care and nourishment to the baby.
Something that's helped me not just manage my family daily cough & cold