Who doesn’t love holidays
||Shopping, packing bags, the mental countdown and all the excitement usually sets in weeks before a trip.|
A change of scene could make all the difference to your general well-being, but what happens when you fall ill during your much-awaited vacation?
Not paying attention to your health could turn your holiday into a dreadful experience!
Food, an important part of holidays, could take a toll on your health if you are careless about your meals. There is also a possibility of falling ill due to seasonal variations and germs that circulate through the air.
Holidays make you prone to:
- Cough and cold
Ayurveda – for a happy holiday!
Ayurveda can help you prepare your body for a pleasant, infection-free holiday! It has been recognized as an effective treatment in improving the disease states of individuals. It primarily uses herbal ingredients and compounds, special diets, as well as other unique health practices aimed at relaxing and calming the mind and body. Thus, Ayurveda treatment along with an effective Ayurvedic diet is essential to bring down or alleviate most disease conditions and maintain good health.
Boost your immunity
Chawanprash: A composition of amla, ashwagandha, asparagus, cardamom, cinnamon bark, clove, Indian rose chestnut, ghee, honey, raisins etc., has anti-oxidant properties and strengthens your body's internal defence mechanism, the immune system, thereby protecting you from everyday infections, cough, cold, stress etc. It has been derived from a 2,500-year-old Ayurvedic formula, and is completely chemical-free, natural and safe. It reinforces the immune system and helps fight disease. It is an immunity booster for all age groups, diabetics, and is available in various flavours.
Ashwagandha is known to boost the immune system and improve stress tolerance. It has strong anti-oxidant properties and increases energy and stamina. It is known to control everyday stress, improve physical stamina and mental alertness, improve immunity and acts as an anti-oxidant. It also helps improve social interactions.
Badam oil is obtained from ripe kernels of Prunus Amygdalus. This 100% pure Badam Oil is extracted from best quality almonds which helps provide nourishment to dry skin, and prevents allergies. It can be consumed or applied on the body
Aravindasava, a general tonic that helps promote growth, and prevent digestive disorders in children. It contains Kumuda, Ushira Mool, Gambhari Tvak, Neelotpala, Manjishth, Ela, Bala, Jatamansi, Mustaka, etc.
Beat cough, cold and respiratory diseases
- A cough syrup with the composition of Tulsi, Mulethi, Banaphsa, Kantkari, Talispatra, Sunthi, Pippali, Vasaka, Shati, Pudina Satva, and ShudhaMadhu is known to effectively control cough and relieve throat irritation.
- For instant relief from all types of cough, a composition of ShudhMadhu (Honey), Pudina Satva (Mentha Oil), Nilgiri Tail (Eucalyptus Oil) and Karpoor (Camphor), is recommended.
- For cough associated with breathlessness/ allergic cough, a composition of ShireesChaal (Albizzialebback), Kantakari (Solanumxanthocarpum), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhizaglabra), Karkatshringi (Pistaciaintegrima), and Vasaka leaves is beneficial.
- Shwaasamrit composition is advised for cough associated with breathlessness/allergic cough.
- A combination of Sitopaladichurna (basis SharangdharSamhita), Elaichi (Elettariacardamomum), Vanslochan ( Bambusaarundinacia), Dalchini (Cinnamomumzeylanicum), Madhu, and Sharkara is recommended for wet, productive and unproductive cough.
- For relief from throat infections, sore throat or hoarseness and cough; a combination of KhadiraSar, PushkarMool, KarkatShringi, Katphala, Brahamdandi, Haritaki, lavanga, Shunthi, maricha, Pippali, Ativisha, Krishna Jeerak, Javasaka, Guduchi, Brihati, Kantakari, Vibheetaka, and KhadiraSar is recommended.
- Vasavaleha is indicated in symptoms associated with tuberculosis like cough, breathlessness, chest pain, pain in cardiac region, vomiting of blood (haemoptysis) and fever.
- Sitopaladi Churna is recommended for dry cough and is made from herbs like Pippali, which is one of the best expectorants available in nature.
- Talisadi Churna is used for wet cough and dyspepsia, and vasasava is recommended for wet cough
- Agastya HaritakAvaleha is indicated in in bronchitis, breathless ness, hiccoughs and other respiratory conditions.
- ChitrakHaritaki is advised in cough, chronic cold, intestinal worms, loss of appetite, flatulence and breathlessness or respiratory conditions
- Shwaasamrit provides strength to the respiratory system and increases the immunity. It is an ayurvedic formulation for breathlessness, chronic cough, cold and bronchitis. It increases airflow in the lungs.
Ayurveda ensures a safe and effective way to alleviate your symptoms of indigestion and acidity. Ayurveda recommends some effective Ayurvedic preparations. One such formulation is enriched with healing ingredients like Trivirt, Bhringaraja, Guduchi, Yashtimadhu etc. for quick and effective relief from acidity and gas.
- Proven ingredients such as Sarjikshara, Pudina Satva and Nimbu Satva are equally effective in alleviating symptoms of acidity.
- Pudina satva is effective in relieving symptoms of stomach ache, gas, indigestion; while Avipattikar Churna is used for long lasting benefit in hyperacidity
- Sat Isabgol contains 100% dietary fiber which helps to reduce cholesterol (on regular use) in addition to treating constipation.
- A powdered Pysillium-based natural laxative is used for relief from constipation. It is natural, safe, and rich in natural fiber helping overall gut health.
- Powdered Pysillium-based, a natural laxative is used for relief from constipation. It is specially formulated, triple refined Isabgol. Isabgol Powder is sweetened with sucralose, thereby adding sweet taste to the otherwise tasteless Isabgol. It is low in calories, thus diabetic-friendly. It is natural, safe and is also available in orange flavour for adding better taste.
- Trifgol is an Isabgol based natural fiber laxative, which also contains the goodness of Triphala (Amlaki, Hareetaki and Vibheetaki). Besides a laxative action Trifgol has other multiple health benefits as well.
- Triphala is a combination of three well known herbs - Amla , Harade and Bahera. These three fruits help in smooth functioning of the bowel and relieve constipation.
Special care for babies
- Gripe Water contains Sarjikakshara and Mishreya tail, and is an effective carminative.
- Badam oil obtained from best quality almonds is 100% pure and helps provide nourishment to dry skin, and prevents allergies. It can be consumed or applied on the body.
- JanamGhunti is good for digestion as it contain Anjeer; which is good for the infant's liver. It also acts as a cooling and soothing agent for the stomach and has a high nutritive value.
- Draksha/Kishmish contains essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron in an assimilable form. It is an expectorant, laxative, and blood purifier; and is useful in fevers and colds arising due to thrush in children.
- Ajwain prevents flatulence, indigestion, colic dyspepsia and diarrhoea.
- PalasBeej and Bidang are known to expel intestinal worms.
- Vach prevents flatulence and loss of appetite. It is useful in dyspepsia and choleric diarrhoea.
- Amaltas acts as a laxative, especially for habitual constipation.
- Sanai is a mild laxative, and also contains Saunf, Unnab and GulabJal. It is an excellent home remedy for cough, cold and constipation in children.
- Aravindasava is a general tonic that helps promote growth, and prevent digestive disorders in children. It contains Kumuda, UshiraMool, GambhariTvak, Neelotpala, Manjishth, Ela, Bala, Jatamansi, Mustaka, etc.
||Quick tips for a great holiday! |
- The best way to avoid falling ill is to frequently wash your hands and try to avoid passengers who are coughing or sneezing.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, don't sneeze into your hands. Try to use a tissue, handkerchief or sneeze into the elbow joint of your arm if you have sleeves.
- Being well rested and fed before your trip can also help reduce your risk of illness.
- Carrying disinfecting wipes and disinfecting commonly-touched areas can give you extra protection from germs.
- Aim for six to nine hours of sleep during nights and take a short nap in the afternoon if you need it.
- Carry a travel emergency kit with required medication.
- Keep your exercise regimen intact.
The scientific/technical content of this publication has been developed and designed by LinHealth, a division of Lintas India Pvt. Ltd. for educational purpose only through monetary assistance from Dabur India Ltd. The content herein has been developed by clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. LinHealth has obtained consent from the respective authors and content generators for publishing the material appearing in this publication, as necessary. The expert comments expressed in this publication are solely the views of the authors giving such expert comments or authors whose comments are cited as source of material in this publication. Dabur India Ltd neither agrees nor disagrees with the views expressed in this publication and does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation. Dabur India Ltd and the publisher acknowledge all copyrights and/or trademarks of third party contained or appearing in this publication. As the information contained herein is for educational purpose only we request you to please refer to the full prescribing information for complete details of any products and consult Registered Medical Practioners or Doctors before taking any decision on usage of the said products