Common summer ailments and how ayurveda can help
Mercury levels are soaring up this summer season, and as usual the incidence of diseases is on the rise. Summer brings it with a host of symptoms such as excessive body heat, dehydration, sweating, skin rashes, sunburns, acne, diarrhea, irritation, lethargy, cough and cold, constipation, acidity, gastroenteritis, food poisoning with vomiting, dehydration, heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Stay safe with Ayurveda
Ayurveda has been long recognized as been an effective treatment in improving the disease states of individuals. It primarily uses herbal ingredients and compounds, special diets, as well as other unique health practices aimed at relaxing and calming the mind and body. Thus, Ayurveda treatment along with an effective Ayurvedic diet is essential to bring down or alleviate most disease conditions and maintain good health, more so in summer.
Boosting your immunityChawanprash:
A composition of Amla, Ashwagandha, asparagus, cardamom, cinnamon bark, clove, Indian rose chestnut, ghee, honey, raisins etc., chawanprash has anti-oxidant properties and strengthens your body's internal defense mechanism, the immune system, thereby protecting you from everyday infections, cough, cold and stress etc. It has been derived from a 2,500-year-old Ayurvedic formula, and is totally chemical-free, natural and safe. It reinforces the immune system & helps fight disease. It is an immunity booster for all age groups, diabetics, and is available in various flavours. Ashwagandha
is known to help boost immune system and improve stress tolerance. It has strong anti-oxidant properties and increases energy and stamina. It is known to control everyday stress, improve physical stamina and mental alertness, improve immunity and act as an anti-oxidant, and improve interaction with friends and family. (this point not required)
Dashamularistha is helpful in summer because in this month appetite is very low and body become fatigue. Dashamularistha Dose: twice a day diluted with same amount of water, helps in Loss of appetite and in general weakness.
Badam oil is obtained from ripe kernels of Prunus Amygdalus. This 100% pure Badam Oil is extracted from best quality almonds which helps provide nourishment to dry skin, and prevents allergies. It can be consumed or applied on the body Aravindasava, a general tonic that helps promote growth, and prevent digestive disorders in children. It contains Kumuda, Ushira Mool, Gambhari Tvak, Neelotpala, Manjishth, Ela, Bala, Jatamansi, Mustaka, etc. Cough and cold, respiratory diseases
- A cough syrup with the composition of Tulsi, Mulethi, Banaphsa, Kantkari, Talispatra, Sunthi, Pippali, Vasaka, Shati, Pudina Satva, and Shudha Madhu is known to effectively control cough and relieve throat irritation
- For instant relief from all types of cough, a composition of Shudh Madhu (Honey), Pudina Satva (Mentha Oil), Nilgiri Tail (Eucalyptus Oil) and Karpoor (Camphor), is recommended.
- For cough associated with breathlessness/ allergic cough, a composition of Shirees Chaal (Albizzia lebback), Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Karkatshringi (Pistacia integrima), and Vasaka leaves is beneficial.
- Shwaasamrit composition is advised for cough associated with breathlessness/allergic cough
- A combination of Sitopaladi churna (basis Sharangdhar Samhita), Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum), Vanslochan ( Bambusa arundinacia), Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), Madhu, and Sharkara is recommended for wet, productive and unproductive cough
- To get relief from throat infections, sore throat, hoarseness and cough; a combination of Khadira Sar, Pushkar Mool, Karkat Shringi, Katphala, Brahamdandi, Haritaki, lavanga, Shunthi, maricha, Pippali, Ativisha, Krishna Jeerak, Javasaka, Guduchi, Brihati, Kantakari, Vibheetaka, and Khadira Sar is indicated
- Vasavaleha is indicated in symptoms associated with tuberculosis like cough, breathlessness, chest pain, pain in cardiac region, vomiting of blood (haemoptysis) and fever
- Sitopaladi Churna is recommended for dry cough and is made from herbs like Pippali, which is one of the best expectorants available in nature.
- Talisadi Churna is used for wet cough and dyspepsia, and vasasava is recommended for wet cough
- Agastya Haritak Avaleha is indicated in in bronchitis, breathless ness, hiccoughs and other respiratory conditions
- Chitrak Haritaki is advised in cough, chronic cold, intestinal worms, loss of appetite, flatulence and breathlessness or respiratory conditions
- Shwaasamrit provides strength to the respiratory system and increases the immunity. It is an ayurvedic formulation for breathlessness, chronic cough, cold and bronchitis. It increases airflow in the lungs.
- For throat infections, sore throat, hoarseness and cough; a composition of Khadira Sar, Pushkar Mool, Karkat Shringi, Katphala, Brahamdandi, Haritaki, lavanga, Syzigium aromaticum , Shunthi, maricha, Pippali, Ativisha, Krishna Jeerak, Javasaka Alhagi pseudalhagi, Guduchi, Brihati, Kantakari, Vibheetaka, Khadira Sar, and Acacia catechu is very effective.
- A composition of 10 ml contains extracts derived from Shirees Chaal (Albizzia lebback) 820 mg, Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) 630 mg, Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) 630 mg, Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 450 mg, Karkatshringi (Pistacia integrima) 180 mg, and Vasaka leaves (Adhatoda vasica) 180 mg; is very effective for cough associated with breathlessness and/or allergic cough.
Ayurveda ensures a safe and effective way to alleviate your symptoms of indigestion and acidity, and keep troubles at bay. Ayurveda recommends some effective Ayurvedic preparations. One such formulation is enriched with healing ingredients like Trivirt, Bhringaraja, Guduchi, Yashtimadhu etc. for quick and effective relief from acidity and gas.
- Proven ingredients such as Sarjikshara, Pudina Satva and Nimbu Satva are equally effective in alleviating symptoms of acidity.
- Pudina satva is effective to relieve symptoms of stomach ache, gas, indigestion; while Avipattikar Churna is used for long lasting benefit in hyperacidity
In summer digestive power becomes very low, so there is chances of indigestion, constipation etc. body temperature is also Increased. we can use Isabgol in this condition. it is natural way to get away from all this problems as esabgol is helpful in constipation. other problem associate with constipation like gasses, acidity and indigestion is also get resolved.
- Sat Isabgol contains 100% dietary fiber which helps to reduce cholesterol (on regular use) in addition to treating constipation
- A powdered Pysillium-based natural laxative is used for relief from constipation. It is natural, safe, and rich in natural fiber helping overall gut health.
- Powdered Pysillium-based natural laxative is used for relief from constipation. It is specially formulated, triple refined Isabgol. Isabgol Power is sweetened with sucralose, thereby adding sweet taste to the otherwise tasteless Isabgol. It is low in calories, thus diabetic friendly. It is natural and safe and is also available in orange flavour for improved taste.
- Trifgol is an Isabgol based natural fiber laxative, which also contains the goodness of Triphala (Amlaki, Hareetaki and Vibheetaki). Besides a laxative action Trifgol has other multiple health benefits as well.
- Triphala is a combination of three well known herbs - Amla , Harade and Bahera. These three fruits help in smooth functioning of bowel and relieve constipation.