Constipation is a condition in which one experiences infrequent bowel movement, difficulty in passing stool or a feeling of unfinished evacuation of stool. Constipation can lead to accumulation of harmful waste materials in the intestine which produce ama (toxins) that gets carried to the whole body through blood.
Symptoms and Causes
Symptoms of constipation are different for different people. However, the main symptom of constipation is the inability to pass stool even though there is a strong urge to do so. The causes are diets that do not contain green leafy vegetables, inadequate water consumption, excessive consumption of meat which is hard to digest, consumption of liquor and lack of exercise.
1. Drink a full glass of water every morning when you get up.
2. Put a teaspoonful of ghee into a glass of warm water and drink before bedtime each evening.
3. Choose foods which have plenty of liquids such as fresh fruits and vegetables; tomatoes, sugarcane, beets, and papaya are particularly good choices.
4. Refrain from eating rice because it absorbs liquids in the system.
5. Eliminate foods that are hard to digest such as legumes and cabbage.
6. Chew all food slowly and thoroughly.
7. Get regular aerobic exercise.
8. Consume a tablespoon of castor oil.
9. Soak Isphagula seeds in water before eating
10. Take a teaspoon of aloe gel twice a day. Ayurvedic herbs for constipation
Isabgol, triphala, flaxseed and dandelion root
"The scientific/technical content of this publication has been developed and designed by SciCon Factory Advertising and Publishing LLP for educational purpose only through monetary assistance from ICC Lowe Linhealth, a division of Lintas India Pvt. ltd. The content herein has been developed by clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. LinHealth has obtained consent from the respective authors and content generators for publishing the material appearing in this publication, as necessary. The expert comments expressed in this publication are solely the views of the authors giving such expert comments or authors whose comments are cited as source of material in this publication. Linhealth neither agrees nor disagrees with the views expressed in this publication and does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation. Linhealth and the publisher acknowledge all copyrights and/or trademarks of third party contained or appearing in this publication. As the information contained herein is for educational purpose only we request you to please refer to the full prescribing information for complete details of any products and consult Registered Medical Practioners or Doctors before taking any decision on usage of the said product”