Constipation is difficulty with irregular bowel movements, or passing hard and dry stool or at times absence of stools.
- The major cause of constipation is dehydration and faulty diet deficient in the fibers such as absence of green vegetables.
- Constipation is common among children, aged ones and pregnant women. Every individual has different bowel patterns.
- Some of the associated symptoms of constipation are bloating, uncomfortable feeling and sluggishness. In general constipation is not a serious problem.
Reasons for Constipation:
Stress, lack of exercise, certain medications, artificial sweeteners and a diet that's lacking fiber or fluids can each be the cause of constipation.
Medical conditions that can cause constipation: Underactive thyroid in hypothyroidism, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes and cancer are few of the contributing factors for constipation.
Correction in dietary habits to cure constipation is the most useful and effective method. One must eat fresh warm meals. The regularity in meals in terms of time and quantity should be respected. Eat neither too much nor too little but as necessary for satiety and enjoyment of consuming a good meal. Excessive tea, coffee, refined and processed food, alcohol consumption and smoking must be avoided.
Some smart home remedies in daily life to avoid constipation:
- Taking balanced diet rich is plant fibers, vitamins, minerals and natural salts.
- Eating Fruits and vegetables every day. Select a variety, including sweet potatoes, apples, berries, apricots, peaches, pears, oranges, corn, peas, carrots, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower. Eat seasonal fruits.
- Light exercises to boost fitness level, promotes active lifestyle and improves all body functions including the bowel movement. Helps is preventing constipation.
- Drinking plenty of water such as at least eight glasses a day not only improves general health, but also helps moisten the intestines so that the bowels move easily.
- Following a daily routine sets the body cloak for timely activities and will help avoid constipation.
DISCLAIMER: "The scientific/technical content of this publication has been developed and designed by SciCon Factory Advertising and Publishing LLP for educational purpose only through monetary assistance from ICC Lowe Linhealth, a division of Lintas India Pvt. ltd. The content herein has been developed by clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. LinHealth has obtained consent from the respective authors and content generators for publishing the material appearing in this publication, as necessary. The expert comments expressed in this publication are solely the views of the authors giving such expert comments or authors whose comments are cited as source of material in this publication. Linhealth neither agrees nor disagrees with the views expressed in this publication and does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation. Linhealth and the publisher acknowledge all copyrights and/or trademarks of third party contained or appearing in this publication. As the information contained herein is for educational purpose only we request you to please refer to the full prescribing information for complete details of any products and consult Registered Medical Practioners or Doctors before taking any decision on usage of the said product”