Most of us don’t think about our immunity
much. In fact, we often ignore initial signs of stress on our body. Years of poor nutrition, exposure to environmental toxins, negative thought patterns, or anxiety are all linked to a poor immune system
, which in turn can increase the chances of diseases that range from recurrent infections to severe allergies, asthma and chronic fatigue syndrome.
The good news however is that, the immune system, is highly regenerative when we treat it well and with respect. If we can make some simple lifestyle changes, begin to eat better, sleep earlier and exercise moderately, will start to see results and experience better health. Maintaining good immunity is a key to alleviate and prevent diseases, enjoying good health and living with vitality.
The following are some indispensable tips to boost immunity:
- Food is probably one of the most healing tools we have to support the immune system. Choose foods that help boost immunity such as fresh green, leafy vegetables, high quality protein and unrefined whole foods, versus foods that deplete it.
- Organic and local grown vegetables and fruits contain nutrients that will benefit the intestinal flora, helping with digestion, detoxification and to improve immunity during seasonal variations.
- Antioxidants help improve immune power; eat a well-balanced diet with lots of whole grains, organic fruits and vegetables and unrefined oils such as olive oil that are rich in antioxidants as well as contain a variety of natural defence enzymes.
- Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for wellbeing and one of the immune system’s strongest allies against disease. It is essential for strong bones, healthy teeth and normal growth. Eggs, salmon, milk and whole breakfast cereals are also fortified with vitamin D increase immunity.
- Sleep balances the hormone levels – moderating both human growth hormone and cortisol the stress hormone. Good rest rejuvenates the physiological systems including boosting immune system.
- Daily exercise, i.e. a 30-minute slow jog, or a fast walk, yoga, simple breathing exercises increase basal metabolic rate, improved physiological parameters and is known to improve immune system.
A balanced diet, stress management, adequate sleep and exercise are the most important consideration in improving and maintaining a healthy immune system. DISCLAIMER:
"The scientific/technical content of this publication has been developed and designed by SciCon Factory Advertising and Publishing LLP for educational purpose only through monetary assistance from ICC Lowe Linhealth, a division of Lintas India Pvt. ltd. The content herein has been developed by clinicians and/or medical writers and/or experts. LinHealth has obtained consent from the respective authors and content generators for publishing the material appearing in this publication, as necessary. The expert comments expressed in this publication are solely the views of the authors giving such expert comments or authors whose comments are cited as source of material in this publication. Linhealth neither agrees nor disagrees with the views expressed in this publication and does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation. Linhealth and the publisher acknowledge all copyrights and/or trademarks of third party contained or appearing in this publication. As the information contained herein is for educational purpose only we request you to please refer to the full prescribing information for complete details of any products and consult Registered Medical Practioners or Doctors before taking any decision on usage of the said product”