Parenthood is a moment of jubilation bringing in new responsibilities.
The welfare of the baby is primarily in the hands of the parents. Parents must be
prepared to undertake the new responsibility to fullest with lot of thought processes
and untiring energy. Healthy baby is a happy baby and the expectant mothers must
take utmost care during pregnancy with proper nourishment, adequate rest and being
positively occupied during the pregnancy. The expectant mother must remain confident
for safe delivery and should always follow doctor’s advice.
Once the baby is delivered, the new mothers must quickly learn to breast feed baby.
For healthy living there is no substitute to mother’s milk. It is a gift of nature
that gives nourishment, protection against diseases and helps the mother and child
develop an eternal bond that is a guiding influence for the baby throughout the
- Maintain cleanliness at home.
- Keep household well ventilated with natural air and light.
- If you have pets at home, wipe floors as frequently as possible.
- Give your baby oil massage with warm water bath daily. Do not take very hot water.
It can cause harm to the baby.
- Keep the soap, shampoo, powder etc. separately for the baby; use special baby soaps,
baby oils specially indicated as they have very delicate skin.
- Never hold your baby in an awkward position; always give support of your hand below
their neck and head.
- Breast feed your baby as frequently as possible; Breast feed babies do not need
external supplements until 3 months old; always consult the doctor before indulging
into any external feeds.
- Follow the medical consulting schedule; never skip the vaccine dose.
- Use loose soft fabric for babies; never use strong detergents to wash baby clothes
as can cause skin rash in babies.
- Never use damp nappies, damp clothes; always use washed and dry clothes. As far
as possible use cotton nappies to avoid skin rash in babies.
- All the caretakers and household members must maintain good personal hygiene to
maintain good health of the baby and reduce any chances of contagious diseases.
Babies are gift of God, precious and must be cared for with lot thoughts, love and
"The scientific/technical content of this publication has
been developed and designed by SciCon Factory Advertising and Publishing LLP for
educational purpose only through monetary assistance from ICC Lowe Linhealth, a
division of Lintas India Pvt. ltd. The content herein has been developed by clinicians
and/or medical writers and/or experts. LinHealth has obtained consent from the respective
authors and content generators for publishing the material appearing in this publication,
as necessary. The expert comments expressed in this publication are solely the views
of the authors giving such expert comments or authors whose comments are cited as
source of material in this publication. Linhealth neither agrees nor disagrees with
the views expressed in this publication and does not constitute or imply an endorsement,
sponsorship or recommendation. Linhealth and the publisher acknowledge all copyrights
and/or trademarks of third party contained or appearing in this publication. As
the information contained herein is for educational purpose only we request you
to please refer to the full prescribing information for complete details of any
products and consult Registered Medical Practioners or Doctors before taking any
decision on usage of the said product”